Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Edition

by SonDog

While I haven't had much time to post recently, I would like all three of you to know that my kiddo was born last week. Jackson is still in the hospital, but he is doing much better and we are hoping to get him out of the hospital on Friday.

Here's a couple of quick hits regarding his life to this point:

1) The first words he heard were, "Fucking Armondo Benitez." C-lo, you win the pool.

2) I am still in shock that the doctor asked me to hold a leg during my wife's labor. It was truly the Merlin/Maverick, Top Gun moment of the pregnancy. ("You're gonna do WHAT?!)

3) The proudest moment of my life came the first time I was able to share pictures of my son.

4) His first grip on my hand was that of a circle-changeup. I have high hopes.

5) His first words to me were, "Why did Sabes trade for Mike Stanton? I mean... Mike Stanton? He was great in 1995." Maybe I was just dreaming, but I answered him nonetheless.

6) I firmly believe he was faking a bacterial infection just so he could be surrounded by the smokin-hot nurses in the baby ward. To this point, I think he's a genius.

7) The European Union (LeseDog's parents) arrive from London tonight. It's their first grandchild. I'm already putting them on notice that Jackson will be attending "Summer Camp" in Nottingham at some point during the first 7 years of his life.

8) And finally -- My son took a turn for the better just hours after I said to him, "Listen bud, if you get better, I promise I will buy you season tickets to whatever team you want... even if it's hockey." I refuse to believe this is a coincidence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Dad! I've been checkin in recently to see when he arrived. I'm so glad he's doing better - you're going to be fantastic.

KG

Anonymous said...

What hot nurses? I didn't see any hot nurses. Oh wait, maybe that blonde was cute...

Still eagerly awaiting the homecoming...

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys.

By the way, I was peed and pooped on today. That's my boy!