Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's a crime

I'll be the first to admit I don't watch a lot of NBA basketball.  I think the last time I really paid attention to an entire season was 1996.  I still watch from time to time.  I went to a Kings game last year, mostly because the tickets were free.  I write that to demonstrate that even a guy who barely watches knows the number of steps LeBron was taking throughout game seven was out of control.  I mean, fucking come on.  A joke.  And the chest-pounding KG does or screaming and hopping around Paul Pierce did?  Guh.  I know it's a big game on a large scale.  You're playing in front of a lot of people in the stands and at home, but I've always supported the idea that you adapt to your situation.  When you were a kid did you scream after a three in one of those games played at half-time of the high school basketball game?  Or when you reached high school?  No.  Because it would have been stupid.  Szcerblinenanek hits a three and hops in the air to pump his fist?  Are you kidding me with this shit?  When does the cheeziness douchebaggery become an accepted, expected part of the game?  A sighing "fuuuuuuck" to it all.

No comments: