Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's about time

We haven't really heard anything profound or loud from Blowhardy Blowhardigan for a long time, but he's finallybroken the trend with his analysis of the Mitchell Report. This is my favorite part:

To Andy Pettite, Brian Roberts, Gary Bennett, thank you (for your loaded, semi-accurate, slippery, excuse-laden apologies). All three of these guys I know, Andy not very much, but the other two I know very well. I played a few years with Gary, worked out at API and competed with Brian. Gary Bennett is a guy who I always respected because I never figured him as a guy that would be able to play as long as he has (steroids and HGH). He was always a hard worker (steroids and HGH) and a nice guy (not steroids or HGH) and I always enjoyed throwing to him because he cared about his game calling skills. He’s made a nice career for himself (steroids and HGH) and my hope is that it was more through his hard work (steroids) and effort (HGH) than through cheating, either way he’s a friend of mine and always will be. Brian Roberts worked as hard as anyone I’ve ever been around (steroids and HGH). Not to mention he’s about as kind and giving as anyone you’ll ever meet. I know how regretful he is and I know that this mistake is not indicative of his choice making in life (yes it is).

Later on, Blowhardy comments on Roger the Dodger, who he also knows:

Roger had a profound effect on my career from a very early point. His ‘undressing’ of me and lecture were a major turning point. I’ve always respected his career accomplishments and regarded him as the greatest pitcher to ever play the game. Now I, like every other Yankee, Clemens fan am faced with a dilemma.

So as a fan my thought is that Roger will find a way in short order to organize a legal team to guarantee a retraction of the allegations made, a public apology is made, and his name is completely cleared. If he doesn’t do that then there aren’t many options as a fan for me other than to believe his career 192 wins and 3 Cy Youngs he won prior to 1997 were the end. From that point on the numbers were attained through using PED’s...if that is the case with Roger, the 4 Cy Youngs should go to the rightful winners and the numbers should go away if he cannot refute the accusations.

But why stop there? Why not strike Brian Roberts name from the 2005 All-Star roster and instead insert the #2 vote getter as the rightful starter? Why not take away every hit? What about Pettite's wins after 2002? Oh, you like those guys. Roger lectured you and gave you an undressing? Shit, let's take those wins and Cy Young's away.

The funny thing about Blowhardy is that he has always targeted those against whom he has a personal agenda. Blowhardy later does his tangential Barry Bonds riff, expressing his dislike. If you don't do anything to piss off Blowhardy, you will not bear the wrath of the bloody sock.

No comments: