Friday, February 24, 2006

What Was that Noise?

by SonDog

That resounding thud you heard was the sound of the Kings falling flat on their face last night at the Staples Center. The LA Mambas thoroughly outplayed them and made Sac look like a team that wasn't ready for the game. I have nothing to add about the game, but I'm expecting Stapes, DMo, OZ and whomever else watched that game to post a comment with their thoughts on the debacle.

In other news, the Kings traded Brian Skinner for Sergei Monia and Vitaly Nogameatalltko. Personally, I wanted Monia's Portland teammate Viktor Khryapa (pronounced CRRAPpa) instead. Not because he's a better shooter, but because it would have been great to say during garbage minutes, "Hey, it's Khryapa time!" Alas, we usher in the Monia era and usher out the Skinner-era.

My favorite memory of Skinner will forever be OZ's scouting report of him before the season, which went something along the lines of, "Brian Skinner is a game-altering presence off the bench." The words "Brian Skinner" and "game-altering" should never be used in the same sentence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have much too say either. They got thier asses kicked. The defense was horrible (Lakers shot 52%) and on offense they didn't look like they knew what they were doing. Bibby tried to shoot them back in the game too much and they never did much else. I thought Artest looked out of sync, like he hyped himself up to much for the game and then fell flat or something.

DMo said...

Game? What game? Has anyone seen my toothbrush? Huh?

Anonymous said...

Artest tried to do too much early, then Bibby tried to do too much late. Pretty much they got destroyed all the way around. And what happened to Shareef? Was he even in the building?

The only solice I'm taking is that pretty much to a man, the Lakers said it was their best game of the season. The Kings' played one of their worst in a while, and they were still in it up until the last 10 minutes. If that's the best game the Lakers have, then I'm still not overly worried about them yet. Plus, Memphis is nose diving.

DMo, did you pass out on my couch or in the guest room? How did you feel at work today?

DMo said...

Shit, I feel great acually. What happened to 6am huh?

I got home running late only to find dog puke all over the floor. No time to clean, went to the dentist, no cavities, worked my ass off all day, now writing this. Can we do that night again? When are the Mambas in Sac? Good times, good times.

Anonymous said...

The Mambas come to town March 14th.

I realize this "rivalry" is latent at best, and according to Charles isn't a rivalry because the Kings have never beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but it doesn't change the fact that I hate the Mambas. It's probably 90% due to Mamba as I'm pretty neutral about the rest of the squad. But I see those hideous banana jerseys and all those unfortunate fans that are forced to cheer for a rapist and I really want to see them lose.

Did you see his commercial where he talks about all the reasons people hate him? Why didn't they mention, "Hate me because I sexually assault anything with a pulse"? Maybe that wouldn't have sold shoes.