Friday, March 17, 2006

After Day 1

posted by BH

I'm 13-3. The three I bombed on were Nevada going down to Montana, Pacific to BC, and Indiana beating SDSU. The Nevada and Pacific games were particularly painful, since I had them matched against each other in round two. I'm going to gloat a little on the Texas A&M, 'Bama, and Wisconsin-Milwuakee outcomes, although I had nothing to to with their respective wins and will probably go 3-13 today, thereby erasing all good feelings I have at this moment.

Today I've got some 9's over 8's, but nothing like yesterday. The most frightening game is #12 Kent State against #5 Pittsburgh. I took Pitt, but I'm now feeling a little uneasy about that one. #4 Kansas/#13 Bradley is a little freaky too. Basically, I'm quite a bit less confident about today.

6 comments:

C-lo said...

I agree. I'm totally uneasy about today's games. I went 14-2 yesterday (damn Syracuse) and don't have many "upsets" picked today. But I'm Irish so maybe I've got the luck on my side. Nothing matters to me today except for a Hogs win though. I'm nervous.

Anonymous said...

I'm 12-4 in Stapes' pool, but only 10-6 in the hotel pool with two sweet 16's eliminated already. Marquette, Nevada, Oklahoma and San Diego State really screwed me. That's what I get for taking insight from Hubert Davis.

DMo said...

Damnit, I'm in no pools but I'm still enjoying it. I'm 12-4, so I'll go out on the limb and say we are all doing quite well, depending on today's games. I still have everything open so I'm feeling pretty good. This would be a lot more fun if we were all chilling in Vegas with our brackets in hand. We'd have some good convo's along with a lot of beligerant ramblings.

C-lo said...

Go ahead and start getting those bacon jokes ready. Hogs look like me the morning after a long night of drinking.

Roscoe Galt said...

It's still early enough for you to hope. I think.

C-lo said...

I am officially bitter and am now going home to pout about it.