Friday, March 31, 2006

From the Hysteria File

posted by BH

Chico State has cancelled its softball season in the wake of a 17 year-old recruit going to the hospital with alcohol poisoning. According to the school, 12 of the team's 18 participants were at the party at which the recruit became sick. ESPN.com headlined the story.

Okay, so Duke's lacrosse team has riled up the pious across the nation. ESPN, being the king of Pietyland, says joins the fray, reporting anything remotely similar about college athletes behaving badly. The Chico St. administrators, noticing that Duke got absurdly tough with its lacrosse team, overreacted and called off the season becasue a) the don't want to be sued, and b) it's the punishment du jour. I feel bad for those students at both Chico and Duke who had nothing to do with either party, yet now have suffered punishment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the softball dykes, I mean chicks, called 911 and saved the girl from dying.

I agree - total overreaction to try to save face publically from the school. If I actually gave money, I'd cut off my alumni funds.

DMo said...

I hate Duke so fuckem.