Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Links

by SonDog

-- Interesting (i.e. satirical) take on the steroids issue from ESPN.com's Patrick Hruby. While there are more bullet holes in this argument than a Humvee in Iraq, as a Bonds fan I am inclined to believe that Hruby's points are infallible. My favorite part is where Hruby wonders aloud if Bonds will become pregnant (from the women's infertility juice) and lactate buttermilk (from the cattle roids).

-- (From Trav) The Onion became one of my favorite news agencies one day after college when I accidentally googled it while trying to find my college paper, The Orion. At any rate, this story pretty much sums up my feelings on the shock-factor from the Bonds news.


I'm still shocked at how they figured this out

-- (From C-Lo) The below picture was sent to me by a die-hard Arkansas Razorback fan. Why she thinks the Hogs, sans Nolan Richardson, can ever win an NCAA tournament is beyond me. Regardless, it's amazing that this image actually showed up on an ESPN telecast. Why our children are allowed to see a sign like this, but not Janet Jackson's 40-year-old boob is truly shocking. Somewhere, the FCC is having a collective hissy fit.

Take a hard look at what the sign says. Now THAT is funny.

-- For you Kings fans who haven't seen this, here is the official website for Ron Artest. Tru Warrior, to the core. Homey. Peep this, yo. I'm still not quite sure how well he's fitting in to the social web of Sacramento, seeing as it's still the land of a thousand farmers. The only 'hood found in Sac is the one you pop to check on your engine. (Ba dum, ching!) I still love the way the guy plays though.

2 comments:

Roscoe Galt said...

Tide Slobs Pigs Knobs?

I guess as long as it says ESPN somewhere.

C-lo said...

I'm just stoked that they spelled all of the words correctly. By the way, I'm picking the Hogs over Memphis in Round 2 as my huge upset in the tourney. God bless my crazy soul.