Thursday, January 31, 2008

Growl

I'm a single dad. I tend to hit the sack pretty early since my son, who is 3, can't go to bed alone. It's a remnant of his younger days that, if I had to do over again, I would try to change. It is, as Todd Bertuzzi once said, what it is. So I am used to going to bed not just early, but fucking early.

So it was, on the night of January 31, 2008, that bh laid down in bed to watch the season premier of Lost. I don't have the kid tonight, but I knew my body would begin its decompression around 8:15. "That's alright," I naively thought, knowing I'd be into the show and thus, able to power through my body's clock. Having not looked into it, I believed ABC's "2 Hour Event" meant I would be watching a two-hour season premier. Instead, I'm watching a goddamn recap of the first three seasons?! Fucking dammit! I know what happened during the first three seasons! I've watched! Fuck the fucking clip show, please. The reason Lost is rad is because you have to pay attention to everything. If you don't, your lost (pun fucking intended, goddammit). So who needs the recap? Newcomers? Newfuckingcomers? They can rent the DVD's. Fucking ABC and their 2-Hour Event misleading bullshit. Clip shows are cheap. I get it. Sons of bitches.

So now I'm trying to sit through The Good German until 9. I don't know what George Clonney's supposed to be doing in this fucking thing. Cate Blanchett just plugged a Russian guy in the head while he was raping her, so that was kind of cool.

No comments: