Thursday, January 17, 2008

NO SHIT!!

Pats fans back Moss. Derrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm a Giants fan. I've been hawking that innocent-until-proven-guilty-because-he-helps-the-team bullshit for...forever.

But seriously, I'm too tired to pretend worked up about it. I took the kid skiing for the first time today. Well, that's not true, but it was the first time he's actually skied at a ski area. I took him to Mt. Shasta a couple Thursday's ago, which was the day the West Coast Perfect Storm started. We did not make it to the park. I've got a two-wheel drive 4Runner, mostly for gas mileage, having traded my F-150 to my brother. When we got to Mt. Shasta City on that fateful Thursday, it was dumping. I rented the kid some skis, left the ski shop, and slid all over the road before stopping two miles later to put on chains. Getting the chains on sucked. I'd never put them on before, but there wasn't really an issue other than trying to do this shit in a cold fucking blizzard. Anyway, I got the chains on, started to pull away, and a hook on one of the chains broke, allowing the goddamn thing to wrap itself around my axle. I managed to pry the chain loose, get my shit together, drive back in to Mt. Shasta City, and purchase a hook so I could at least get home in the shitstorm. By the time I was ready to hit the road again, I was soaked, with no intention of making it to the park. We instead found a sloped parking lot at Mt. Shasta High School and skied that for a while.

Today though, we made it to the park. I don't think I actually rode a chairlift until I was 6, but my 3 year-old was all over it. Mostly, He pointed his skis downhill while between my legs, though not holding on to me. It was rad, but I'm fucking tired.

No comments: